[postgis-devel] getPoint_internal and alignment

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Sep 18 02:28:45 PDT 2014

Paul, while reading ptarray.c I stumbled across this comment:

  /*
   * Get a pointer to nth point of a POINTARRAY.
   * You cannot safely cast this to a real POINT, due to memory alignment
   * constraints. Use getPoint*_p for that.
   */
  uint8_t *
  getPoint_internal(const POINTARRAY *pa, int n)

Is that still the new serialization format ?
Or can we safely cast the return to a POINT ?

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt