[postgis-devel] getPoint_internal and alignment

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Sep 18 09:37:36 PDT 2014

Yes, kind of discouraged, I think… you have to be pretty sure you feel good about the lifecycle of the memory underlying the lwgeom before you start altering it in place, IMO. You have a use case for this? (I guess affine transforms, reprojection)

--
Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.ca

On September 18, 2014 at 9:22:53 AM, Sandro Santilli (strk at keybit.net) wrote:

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 07:42:54AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> You can safely cast now, though with great care with respect to dimensionality: casting a 2d pointarray into a  4d point would not be good. The getPoint2d_cp (??) function basically does this already, returning a const pointer to a point2d (always safe).

But getPoint2d_cp returns a const pointer, thus not allowing you to
override values (discouraged?).

I've updated the comment with r12986