[postgis-devel] Status of X3D

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Apr 30 15:16:21 PDT 2015

Remi,

That's one of the things I need to address – it's handling of multipolygons and other collection types as well as represenations of holes (which X3D standard doesn't really say anything about last I looked at it) .  Part of the problem is those collection types need to be in separate shape tags for etc and for holes I think people cut around the shape.

For multipolygons I usually dump them out first using ST_Dump.

As far as some kinda real-world stuff, have some examples here:

http://www.postgis.us/presentations/FOSS4GNA2015_Workshop1.html#/5/5

For my use-cases I've only really needed it for rendering polyhedral surfaces.

Thanks,

Regina