[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 19 18:41:15 PST 2015

On 19-12-15 23:45, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> As usual, I'm also asking for input from package maintainers and others if
> they have any issue with us releasing 2.2.1 in the next 2 weeks.
> I say two weeks rather than immediately, cause I'd like to do some stress
> testing particularly with the RC1 that just came out before we release.

No objection from me. I had expected this release some time ago because
of the ABI break.

In Debian, testing migration of 2.2.0 was prevented due to missing
builds on armel, this is caused by CGAL not being available on armel,
with SFCGAL unavailable by extension. Since it doesn't look like CGAL
will become available on armel again I had to exclude the SFCGAL build
dependency on armel.

I'll wait with the backport update for 2.2.1 to transition to testing to
not burden its users with two ABI breaks in a short time frame.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1