[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.2.1 release in 2 weeks

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Dec 20 05:22:20 PST 2015

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> writes:

> On 19-12-15 23:45, Paragon Corporation wrote:
>> As usual, I'm also asking for input from package maintainers and others if
>> they have any issue with us releasing 2.2.1 in the next 2 weeks.
>> I say two weeks rather than immediately, cause I'd like to do some stress
>> testing particularly with the RC1 that just came out before we release.
>
> No objection from me. I had expected this release some time ago because
> of the ABI break.

OK with me (pkgsrc).

> In Debian, testing migration of 2.2.0 was prevented due to missing
> builds on armel, this is caused by CGAL not being available on armel,
> with SFCGAL unavailable by extension. Since it doesn't look like CGAL
> will become available on armel again I had to exclude the SFCGAL build
> dependency on armel.

I have not gotten around to adding cgal/sfcgal.

> I'll wait with the backport update for 2.2.1 to transition to testing to
> not burden its users with two ABI breaks in a short time frame.

I was considering doing that, but committed my update to 2.2.0.   I
certainly share your aversion to ABI breaks, but I am curious how many
packages depend on postgis, and what a user would have to do to deal
with it.  As a leaf pkgsrc in pkgsrc, I can't quite see it.