[postgis-devel] document work-around for restore and materialized view issue

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 12 09:16:23 PST 2015

I guess a lot of people are being bitten by this:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2485

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-users/2015-November/040944.html

and it's getting kinda depressing.  Given that we can't come up with a
solution we can all agree with, I was thinking of just documenting my
general work-around fix.

BTW as mentioned, this is not just an issue affecting rster.  It also
really bites you if you use materialized views as it tries to populate
data during restore and fails.

Anywaon have an issue with me - documenting the work around in a
postgis.net tip section and a link to the tip in the FAQs?

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us
http://postgis.net