[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Oct 13 04:56:10 PDT 2015

On October 13, 2015 at 4:48:48 AM, Sandro Santilli (strk at keybit.net) wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 04:19:42AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> I think it’s highly likely that as soon as our source code is in git,
> our workflow will migrate over to github pull requests, not because we
> are evil people, but because it is convenient, and because the input
> flow of contributions from that source will go up.

BTW, re-reading this part, how would "moving to git" make the github
contributions go up ? It doesn't change anything from the current
situation: github is a mirror, official repo is elsewhere.

We already have github contributions stacked up. I am hypothesizing that if we started dealing with them directly and skipping trac workflow the ease of contribution might draw in even more contribution flow. Who knows. Anyways, if I can easily work via github my odds of bypassing trac go up a lot. (What you’re seeing here is my basic feeling that git itself is a very minimal improvement to my life but git + github could be a large improvement, so my enthusiasm at only getting one is low.)

P.

--
http://postgis.net
http://cleverelephant.ca