[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 13 22:05:30 PDT 2015

To Mike Toews:

> The filtering thing might be just my ineptness with github.  So may not be a super major concern.

> Labelling and filtering issues in both GitHub and GitLab is pretty good:

> https://help.github.com/articles/using-search-to-filter-issues-and-pull-requests/

> I saw that and got turned off.  I guess I'm too attached to my trac gui – I don't want to have to read a manual to figure out how to filter tickets that belong to me or for a specific milestone or a > with search phrases etc.  I guess that's why I'm still on windows :)

I want to retract my statement a bit.  I played around with pgRouting and mapserver and I guess the drop downs do provide enough filtering for most of my needs so I was wrong about it not having a gui.  Not as extensive as trac but livable.

So pramsey/strk if you can figure out a way to get our issues into github tracker, I'll move less hesitantly.  I still would like to see the git /pull part go first though even if we don't try to match up existing tickets.  Moving the whole thing at once is a bit frightening to me.

There is the issue of the wiki but we've kind of let that go a bit stale anyway so I guess not a super loss if we recreate on github.

Thanks,
Regina