[postgis-devel] is PostGIS ready for git ?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Oct 15 13:27:18 PDT 2015

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 06:05:12AM +0000, Nathan Wagner wrote:
>
>> Personally, I wouldn't want to have to create a github account just
>> to contribute to postgis.
>
> Is there any other account you'd be ok to create for contributing,
> other than the (existing, I guess) OSGeo one ?

There are two typical objections:

   creating yet another account

   agreeing to icky terms with some random company that you didn't want
   to have a relationship with, and taking cookies from advertising
   companies

For me, it's the second reason.  osgeo.org is a big enough thing that
signing up with it once for multiple projects was fine.

I'm not sure which issue Nathan is talking about.