[postgis-devel] Creation of standard set of geometries for testing? Interested?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Oct 21 12:50:25 PDT 2015

> > 1. In the garden tests I have I have a set of geometries hard-coded, but did actually want to move these out to a file for easier testing and since I plan to do that anyway, might be just as easy for me to pull it from a csv from some other repo.

> I should have said - I'm not sure CSV is the best format... maybe JSON with some python scripts to format the data into different outputs (eg the csv used by the QGIS tests) would be a more appropriate choice.
> What do you think?

I should warn you.  I'm very old-fashioned.  I still like XML more than JSON as I still find it way easier to parse and read.  My tests are in an XSL script in fact so my data is already in XML nuggets :)
GEOS uses XML for the XMLtester in fact
https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/browser/trunk/tests/xmltester/tests  (and Sandro and I had discussed a while back sharing tests)

So if you wanna change formats, I would propose XML.
 :)

/Regina ducks and covers as the army of JSON defenders attacks :)