[postgis-devel] shp2pgsql

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:38:59 PST 2016

David, PostGIS developers

David: Is there any update on parallelizing shp2pgsql?

Devs (and David): Are there any plans to complement shp2pgsql with
something like GeoPackage-to-PostGIS (gpkg2pgsql) ?

I sometimes refer to vector GeoPackage as the "Shapefile of the
future". Rémi's pointer to OGR is also valuable. But I'd expect that a
standalone tool like gpkg2pgsql could eventually be easier to be
realized and tuned.

:Stefan