[postgis-devel] spatial_ref_sys maintainance

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 28 09:14:28 PST 2016

Paul,

Le jeudi 28 janvier 2016 17:18:47, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
> EPSG:2065
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2012-July/021533.html

That one is a tough one. I've requested help from our Czech friends :
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-January/043586.html

> EPSG:3844
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2012-June/020890.html
>
> This last one looks like it could be an error in the EPSG database
> itself, fixable far upstream.

I think the EPSG database itself is OK. What is probably not OK is the process
that derives the +towgs84. This is a know issue in the libgeotiff script. The
EPSG database offers various datum shifts for a given datum, with different
validity areas. epsg-registry.org shows that the area of validity for
EPSG:3844 is Romania, but the underlying GEOGCS (EPSG:4179) has a broader area
of validity ("Europe - onshore - eastern - S-42(58)" which covers Albania,
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany (former DDR), Hungary, Poland, Romania and
Slovakia.). Poland is likely the largest country in that area, hence the
selected datum shift which is relevant for EPSG:4179, but not for EPSG:3844
built on it.
The manual override might be an interim solution. A better solution would be
to fix the selection logic.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com