[postgis-devel] please review my assumption about segmentize and bbox

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Nov 12 17:24:49 PST 2016

For both curves and for geography the bounding box/volume is calculated to
take in the whole arc, even if the furthest extent of the arc does not
happen to have any vertices on it. So, if you density the arc/great-circle,
the box should not need to be re-calculated, since any new vertices will be
added into the existing arc.