[postgis-devel] [postgis-tickets] r16128 - Doco on "enhancement" per robe, closes #3097

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 30 14:15:47 PST 2017

>  Also, what's the difference between "Changed" and "Enhanced" ?
> Regina ?

> --strk;
Changed means we changed existing behavior such that old things that worked
might give different answers than before

Enhanced means we improved functionality, such as in this case supporting
MultiLinestring for ST_Split blade whereas before it would error out.

Things such as speed improvements like we did with ST_Clip and ST_DumpPoints
(by flipping them to C implementation) would count as enhancements.

Note that some enhancements may change behavior too in which case should
probably have both an Enhanced and Changed note

So in a nutshell

Changed:  You might want to check your existing code to make sure it behaves
as expected
Enhanced: Provided new functionality in an existing function