[postgis-devel] script to unpackage raster functions from postgis extension
strk at kbt.io
Sat Oct 7 08:43:40 PDT 2017
While working on the experimental "postgis_raster" extension
split from "postgis", a big road block is being able to tell
apart raster objects from core objects when it comes to remove
them from extension being upgraded.
This is hard because:
1) We need to drop any current or past object
Hopefully known by analyzing:
- rtpostgis_upgrade_cleanup.sql (past)
- rtpostgis_drop.sql (past)
- uninstall_rtpostgis.sql (current)
Or using signatures in the bottom of postgis_restore.pl ?
2) We can only drop if the function is there
No "IF EXISTS" is available for ALTER EXTENSION DROP
For these reasons I'm thinking about adding another of our
perl creators for "extension opt-out", how does it sound ?
() Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
More information about the postgis-devel