[postgis-devel] script to unpackage raster functions from postgis extension

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Oct 7 09:16:03 PDT 2017

Strk,

In past, I just put the drop in a do loop to get around the lack of IF EXISTS

So

DO
BEGIN
	ALTER EXTENSION DROP ..
WHEN ...
   ingore
END

Look at the helper function drop_if_exists --  https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis/src/svn-trunk/extensions/postgis_extension_helper.sql#L62

That's what I created it for, for this very reason (though recently it seems dropping a function also drops it from extension, so not quite necessary anymore)

If you don't like ignoring all errors, you can tweak the function to ignore only specific errors.