[postgis-devel] PostGIS and the new Proj4 transformation pipeline

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Sep 15 06:14:59 PDT 2017

Hey G,
More precise transforms is nice, but reading through your links we seem to
be dropping an awful lot of responsibility onto users laps with regard to
defining the transforms. Can we use the new precision along with a database
of "best transforms" between pairs of systems?
Keeping the relatively simple "from system A to system B" syntax without
adding a third very complicated term "from system A via transform C to
system B" would be good. What's the state-of-the-art in terms of making
selection of the pipeline automagical?