[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.4.0 release around 9/29

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 20 23:33:33 PDT 2017

I'd like to release PostGIS 2.4.0 sometime next week say by  9/29.  Anyone
have objections to that?

I think only thing would be nice to fix is the 32-bit issue on GeoBuf that I
came across on Windows 32-bit and that Björn Harrtell was able to replicate
on Debian 9 32-bit.

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3840

I'm not so worried about this given so few people use 32-bit for production
these days and the error is not a crasher just gives wrong results.  Even
then I can only exercise the issue using my 32-bit compiled mingw64
PostgreSQL (when running against the VC++ 32-bit build, the issue seems to
be non-existent which is what most people will be using that use 32-bit on
windows).

Björn  also noted he is seeing a regress issue with Brin under 32-bit
Debian.  I'm not seeing that at all in windows 32-bit.  Given brin hasn't
changed in 2.4, I'm not so concerned about this one either.
P.S.  Björn, you going to ticket that one?

Aside from that we do have a bunch of tickets open for 2.2.6 and 2.3.4 that
I presume are also issues on 2.4.0.  So would be nice to close as many of
these as possible.

Thanks,
Regina