[postgis-devel] Soft launch: PostGIS 2.2.7, 2.3.7, 2.4.4

Devrim Gündüz devrim at gunduz.org
Mon Apr 2 02:16:33 PDT 2018

Hi Regina,

On Mon, 2018-04-02 at 04:38 -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> Why do you need 2.2 RPMs in PostgreSQL 10 repos?

I don't need 2.2 RPMs - I just need postgis-2.2.so file so that we can ship
both for people who upgrade from 2.2.

> If you really need it that badly, I would suggest making a copy of 2.3.so
> that you  built for 10 and calling it 2.2.so (it's safer than us trying to
> backport 10 changes to 2.2)
<sip>

> 2.2 and 2.3 are abi and sql compatible.  2.3 just adds more functions,
> doesn't take any away that are needed to load 2.2.

As long as you confirm that this is safe, I will update the spec file, stop
building 2.2.so and just create a symlink.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com