[postgis-devel] Soft launch: PostGIS 2.2.7, 2.3.7, 2.4.4

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Apr 2 06:23:37 PDT 2018

>> 2.2 and 2.3 are abi and sql compatible.  2.3 just adds more functions,
>> doesn't take any away that are needed to load 2.2.

> As long as you confirm that this is safe, I will update the spec file, stop building 2.2.so and just create a symlink.

Yes I confirm it is safe.  That's how I pg_upgrade since I don't have patience to install 3 versions of PostGIS.

In fact it is safe to  do that for 2.2 -> 2.4.

I think we introduced some changes in 2.5, that made that not possible, but we can fix those before 2.5 release so you can do the same with that.

Thanks,
Regina