[postgis-devel] GDAL and Proj versions for PostGIS 3

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Sun Dec 16 06:31:00 PST 2018

Hi,

Proj:

While removing GEOS 3.5 ifdefs and mentions I found out that in
documentation we require Proj 4.9, in code we have branches for pre-4.9 and
in configure we check for 4.6. Shall we also bump proj to minimum of 4.9?

Proj Master/Trunk does not build with PostGIS. There seems to have been a
major rewrite there, and I vaguely remember rumors that it will be Proj
6.0. Can someone confirm? Who's willing to support migration? :)

GDAL:

I can't rebuild GDAL 1.11 on latest Debian.
Per Even Rouault it is end of life already:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1153

Shall we also drop GDAL 1.11 that had no releases since 2016? By commit
history it looks like only GDAL 2.1+ are actively maintained.

Thanks!
--
Darafei Praliaskouski
Support me: http://patreon.com/komzpa