[postgis-devel] GDAL and Proj versions for PostGIS 3

Raúl Marín Rodríguez rmrodriguez at carto.com
Mon Dec 17 01:29:21 PST 2018

Hi,

>  I can't get it working: https://github.com/postgis/postgis/pull/354 - maybe there's another secret spot to put that define to.

I've left you a comment in the PR. With that change on top of yours
I've gotten it working and passing tests.

> I removed GDAL 1.11 from Travis matrix, as I can't compile it, it's end of life and Ubuntu Xenial that has it was crossed out in raw form by requiring GEOS 3.6. I propose we bump minimum version upon first ticket that something does not work for GDAL 2.3 or earlier.

It doesn't make sense for Postgis to support unmaintained
dependencies. That being said, I think we should aim to support at
least 2 stable releases (2.2 and 2.3 now, 2.3 and 2.4 once 2.4 is
out).

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com