[postgis-devel] postgis 2.4.3 (and 2.3.6) release?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Jan 12 16:58:37 PST 2018

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> Strk, dustymugs
>
> You two okay with a release say this weekend.
>
> I might be a bit busy this weekend but I'll try to get to it at least clean up all the loose ends so not much to cleanup next week.
>
> Paul said he can't do this weekend but can probably release Monday if I haven't already released.
>

> Packagers -- do you all need a longer than a day's heads up for a
> release notice?  Let us know, I suppose we could push another week if
> needed.

Is what you are going to release already available to test?   In
general, it's necessary to do the update from an RC tarball and check
that nothing has gone wrong since the last release.    I sometimes make
the tarballs myself, but it also seems that the tarball process is not
100% scripted and repeatable - but I could well be wrong about that,
always or now.

If you are talking about making changes and you don't have a RC yet,
then no, that's not ok.  It is never ok to have a flurry of changes and
push the release button, as that's a recipe for adding bugs during the
changes and releasing those bugs.  So please make the changes and get
what you think is ready, and then publish an RC and give people several
days.