[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Stop installing liblwgeom INCLUDES in system

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Nov 28 07:09:04 PST 2018

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 07:03:48PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> Anyway enough is enough because we don't even support liblwgeom being used
> as a development package, so WHY  do we insist on installing the includes.
>
> +1 for not installing it in 3.0

+1 for not installing liblwgeom.h in 3.0.
Librttopo [1] is what everyone should be using [2]:

[1] https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/rttopo/librttopo
[2] Including PostGIS !

That said, if PostGIS build system still uses system-installed
liblwgeom.h we should _fix_ it as a bug, because there will still
be old liblwgeom.h layout around after we stop installing
new ones.