[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Drop the minor in the postgis lib files

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 26 21:52:57 PDT 2018

Strk,

We discussed this at the sprint and I wore pramsey down enough so he agreed.

So are you okay with me pushing ahead with this?

As mentioned the default behavior is the lib file will be called postgis-3.whatever, rtpostgis-3.whatever

This also has the benefit that all the lib files will be kept in synch so you don't end up with the disaster of running say an older postgis_sfcgal , postgis_topology
Than your postgis and backends of liblwgeoms fighting with each other.

We will allow people building their own, developers testing, or packagers the ability to keep the current behavior if they so choose by doing configure such as

./configure --add-lib-minor