[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3 bundle for PG12 Windows

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Aug 24 22:13:15 PDT 2019

> Hi Regina.

> I would like to take a stab on compiling myself. Are there any good build
> instructions apart from the PostGIS wiki to accomplish this?

> Pieter

Pieter,

You are a brave soul :).
I'm in a bit in flux as I'm in middle of recompiling a bunch of dependencies.

For starters you could download my mingw64 chain as noted here - https://gist.github.com/robe2/8586531779f00f63e7eddc54513f122a
Which has a bunch of dependencies already built, but you will need to compile newer versions -- e.g. ssl / proj / gdal I updated since I package my chain.
 as noted here which has a bunch of dependencies already built that is a bit old - a couple of months but should hopefully get you started.

Here is a sample postgis make script for 12
https://gist.github.com/robe2/2b3c94b7f93520561c44917b73b685ba

I'll update my chain once I have my latest dependencies in a stable state.

The production builds are all done under mingw64.

There have been some efforts to have PostGIS build under CMake so that it can be built in VC++, but no one has shown interest in maintaining a CMake environment, so that's fallen behind.
I prefer mingw64 over VC++ as other PostgreSQL extensions compile much easier under mingw64 even if the author didn't put in effort to make them compile under windows since it can use the standard pgxs PostgreSQL extension framework which VC can't (or at least last I recall it couldn't)
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2362

Hope that helps,
Regina