[postgis-devel] NEWS file in 3.0 branch

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Dec 19 02:05:32 PST 2019

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:47:52AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:10:51AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> >
> > The script might be grown to also check for ticket references
> > (ensuring that each ticket reference found in git history
> > is also found in NEWS) but sounds more complex and error prone...
>
> I actually added this support, and found missing refs like:
>
>   Reference to ticket #1003 missing from NEWS

As anticipated, this road is harder, for example, this other reference
is missing from NEWS:

  commit fce3e121f3726aabfe8cfc6e4d98f31c6713c0f4
  Author: Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>
  Date:   Tue Jun 12 01:38:11 2018 +0000

      Fix flags in case where a boxless geom comes in with a "has box" set of flags.
      References #4707

But, mind you: ticket #4707 does not even exist!
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/4707

I guess in order to be useful, the script should also take a list
of "bad commits" to NOT look at.