[postgis-devel] Using pkg-config for PROJ

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Feb 8 17:17:23 PST 2019

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

> The only annoying thing about relying on pkg-config is that since I
> install things in non-standard paths so I can swap in and out
> different versions of things, I have to fiddle with the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH env variable or insure that all my pkg-config files
> are in my path variable.

Actually, I think that's less annoying that figuring out what
--with-foo=/prefix arguments are needed for each.

If you choose a lot of paths then you need to deal with it.  That means
1) adding the bin dir to PATH
2) adding the pkgconf dir to PKG_CONFIG_PATH
3) if not using pkg-config, adding the include to CPPFLAGS and the lib
   to LDFLAGS, or passing a --with-foo for each

so really using pkg-config is easier.