[postgis-devel] Makefile in topology directory

Bruce Rindahl bruce.rindahl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:29:27 PST 2019

In the current postgis-3.0.0dev code,  the top of the file
raster/test/regress/Makefile looks like:
----------------------------
#
# Copyright (c) 2009 Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io>, Pierre Racine <
pierre.racine at sbf.ulaval.ca>
# Copyright (c) 2011 Jorge Arevalo <jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com>
# Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Regents of the University of California
#   <bkpark at ucdavis.edu>
#
# This is free software; you can redistribute and/or modify it under
# the terms of the GNU General Public Licence. See the COPYING file.
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
# Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
#
#############################################################################

POSTGIS_SRC=../../..
PERL=/usr/bin/perl

# MingW hack: rather than use PGSQL_BINDIR directly, we change
# to the directory and then use "pwd" to return the path. This
# ensures that the returned path is in MSYS format, otherwise
# colons in drive letters will break PATH.
PGSQL_BINDIR=$(shell cd "/usr/local/pgsql/bin" && pwd)

# Where we put our regression installation
REGRESS_INSTALLDIR=$(POSTGIS_SRC)/regress/00-regress-install

#
# Put path from pg_config into front of search path
#
PATH := $(PGSQL_BINDIR):$(PATH)
export PATH
---------------

Nothing similar is in the file topology/test/Makefile

A few thoughts. It probably should have the license and the authors.  The
other issue is on all the other tests, the path from PGSQL_BINDIR is added
before the tests are done.  Thus if make check is run by a user without
/usr/local/pgsql/bin in the PATH the tests run fine until you get to
topology when is crashes.  Should it be included in the topology test?
Should it be hard coded or do we just need to state it has to be in your
PATH?  I am not sure how to create a patch since this file is generated by
configure.
Thanks
Bruce