[postgis-devel] bots

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Jun 29 11:56:49 PDT 2019

Bruce,

Cc’ing dev list on this as I think other people might have input on this.

This is really cool.  I’m thinking it might be useful not to have this one docker based, and we can add this to Jenkins and have it native – that way we can test natively how it works in raspberry pi.

The issue with docker is that it’s hard to test architecture differences since it’s environment is whatever the OS is of the docker image.  Also we haven’t setup a system whereby we can keep our docker images up to date (on our TODO), thus we are missing testings such as PostgreSQL 12  head in our docker installs.

That said, let me try to write up some instructions so we can set this as a Jenkins bot.

One question – and might be  dumb one since I’ve never worked with raspberry pi – is this a 32-bit or 64-bit.  Our testing on 32-bit systems is very spotty so we often don’t find out about issues until packagers complain.

Thanks,

Regina