[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.5.2, PostGIS 2.4.7, PostGIS 2.3.9 released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Mar 12 15:08:32 PDT 2019

> My guess is that many packaging sytems won't update to proj 6 for about
> 6 months, and to 7 for at least 6 months after it comes out.
>
> It would be really nice if 3.0 that builds with proj 7 (and with 6 without
> defining to get deprecated APIs) is out well before proj 7.
> But I realize that's easier said thandone.
[Regina Obe]

Greg - we are planning to release PostGIS 3.0 at the same time as PostgreSQL
12.
So this September 2019.

Paul that's what you wanted to do right?  Cause we have so much PostgreSQL
12 stuff in PostGIS 3.0
(the new support function magic, hopefully the toast slicing thing)

Plus I refuse to back port any 12 tests to make PostGIS 2.5 pass with 12. So
I have proverbially cut my finger and smeared my blood on PostGIS 3
And don't plan to look back. :)