[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.5.2, PostGIS 2.4.7, PostGIS 2.3.9 released

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Mar 12 14:40:43 PDT 2019

"Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:

>> As I understand it this simply #defines so the deprecated API is
>> available; understandable as a quick fix.  I gather the real fix is
>> in trunk (to be 3.0),

> Correct. The real fix is in trunk - more details in Paul's article
>
> http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2019/02/proj4-postgis.html

I guess then that if people want to run postgis on systems that have
moved to proj 7, they will need to run 3.0, or to juggle multiple builds
in different prefixes.   This is more about proj than postgis at this
point, I think.

My guess is that many packaging sytems won't update to proj 6 for about
6 months, and to 7 for at least 6 months after it comes out.

It would be really nice if 3.0 that builds with proj 7 (and with 6
without defining to get deprecated APIs) is out well before proj 7.
But I realize that's easier said that done.