[postgis-devel] PostGIS code sprint August / Sept?

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Thu Mar 21 03:51:22 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have a proposal: let's get points for homes of everyone involved and
design a query that will find economically best place to meet.
It will take some time to design, but we will have a wonderful showcase for
PostGIS usage.
At very least it may be ST_GeometricMedian for geographic points, maybe
some pgrouting involved with plane and bus prices later :)

Time: it makes sense to meet near release, and PostGIS is bound to Postgres
with release cycle.

It's hard to justify visit to Minneapolis - I know nobody from there and
there are no other trips I can align with. Boston is easier, NYC is where I
go via, and lots of out-of-US things happen there.

I will also welcome everyone in Belarus, we're visa-free so much less
hassle for everyone - you can also get all those guys from Russia who have
troubles traveling to US/Western Europe :)

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 7:20 PM Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 5:21 PM, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
>
> Was thinking we should start thinking about a PostGIS code sprint again
> which would of course include family of
>
> PostGIS, GEOS, pgRouting, PostgreSQL, and GDAL  and possibly others.
>
> We'd be willing to host again in Boston if people are up for it?
>

> There is conveniently an OSGeo Community Sprint in Minneapolis in a couple
> of months this May 14-17th. [1]. A few team members already are, and we're
> planning to work PROJ, GEOS, and GDAL topics as part of our activities. I
> hope the PostGIS team can consider coming rather than having a separate
> event.
>
> Howard
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Sprint_2019

Darafei Praliaskouski