[postgis-devel] PostGIS particpation in Google Season of Docs?

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:11:42 PDT 2019

Crunchy Data has signed on to participate in the PostgreSQL submission to
the Google Season of Docs [1].  There is a long list of improvements
suggested for the PostgreSQL docs on the wiki [2].

This gives the PostGIS team a chance to engage as well, and get some
professional-level assistance with the PostGIS docs.  I'm willing to act as
a mentor for this.  Is this of interest to the PostGIS team?

If so we can get the following in place:

- ideas for how to improve to docs
- a wiki page to capture the ideas (is there one already?)
- commit access for me to make the process efficient

Please response ASAP - this is a time-limited offer!

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/
[2] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoD_2019