[postgis-devel] Enabling wagyu by default

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri May 31 08:53:22 PDT 2019

> On 19-05-31 10:45:38, Greg Troxel wrote:
>Ra l Mar n Rodr guez <rmrodriguez at carto.com> writes:
>
>> My current guess is that any platform that was able to build postgis
>> should be able to build also with wagyu as a C++11 compiler was
>> already a requirement for other dependencies (GEOS, GDAL...), but as
>> it is introducing the direct dependency I'd like to have test it in
>> the while during the alpha period.
>
>as you say given that one needed C++11 for geos,

> and for PROJ 6+, both needed for PostGIS.

Yes and No.  So we may want to default wagyu as off for people running < C++11. if it requires C++11

On PostGIS 3 -- our minimum is GEOS 3.6, Proj 4.9 (might be 4.8 or even lower), GDAL (we technically have no minimum still)

That said our minimum requirement wouldn't require a C++11 compiler.

So maybe we should make wagyu default only for C++11 and above.

I really don't want to force C++11 as a requirement for PostGIS unless we have to for other reasons.
As I still want to get as many people off the PostGIS 2 series as we can.

Thanks,
Regina