[postgis-devel] Postgis 3.1 minimum requirements update

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Nov 12 02:58:06 PST 2019

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 09:55:43AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Keep in mind that people who participate in development almost always
> have the latest installed for all these sorts of things.

I actually also don't think setting an higher requirement for people
partecipating in development is a good thing. I like to use packaged
software while developing, and I think doing so lowers the barrier
for new contributors. This is why the "Debian Stable" rule is good,
as it allows anyone using "Debian Stable" (pretty old, tipically)
to partecipate in the development of newest PostGIS.

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html