[postgis-devel] 3.0rc1 - libxml2-2 dependecy not found

Lauri Kajan lauri.kajan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 00:25:59 PDT 2019

Hi,

I tried to install PostGIS 3.0rc1 (winniebot zip) on a Postgresql 12 that
was installed using the EDB Windows installer.
I got an error "could not load library C:\..\postgis-3.dll: The specified
module could not be found." when doing the "create extension postgis".
I found out that postgis-3.dll depends on libxml2-2.dll which is not found.
There is only a libxml2.dll in the bin folder.

Am I missing something or is this a bug and if so is it a known one?

Thanks,

-Lauri