[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Oct 23 02:51:54 PDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 02:34:49AM -0700, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Anyone trying to review development activity or find code to review
> has to check three places (actually four, since they should check the trac
> issue report too).

This is actually the reason why we want to keep Trac.
Activity should be _only_ review/planned on Trac.

Pull requests landing on any mirror but not having a
corresponding Trac ticket should be just ignored, IMHO.

Note that a similar problem exists for organizations
having many different repository hosted on GitHub,
enough that external tools are often used to have
a "global view" on what's going on, and easier management
("what's to be done before going 3.0.0 final?").

Trac has a plugin to deal with PR coming form any place
(even from private git servers), shall we want to experiment
with that:

    https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/PullRequestsPlugin