[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Oct 23 08:21:50 PDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:53:54AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> Speaking as someone who often does the releases, I actually don't
> count that much on trac issues for feature notes.

I was not talking about "feature notes" but rather about ensuring
all "blocker" bugs are closed. Now I realized there's no mention
of this step in the HOWTO_RELEASE file, but when I was doing
releases it was my main concern (bug triaging, I know everyone
who has done releases have gone through it, even if not mentioned
in the HOWTO_RELEASE file..)

> Hell if you want to link to your GitHub pull request in the NEWS and
> don't put in a corresponding trac ticket, that's fine with me.

I'm also fine with changes getting in the repository w/out a trac
ticket. I'm also fine with changes getting in the repository w/out
blessing from any CI bot.

Only, if there are things we know we want to be fixed _before_ tagging
a release, the way we currently have to do that is file a Trac ticket
and mark it as BLOCKER.