[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Oct 23 08:33:43 PDT 2019

> My point is if the reason to move to Github is so you can click the trigger on the pull request to accept -- and you're drowsy and half asleep, I don't want that.

I've worked directly in Github for years and I've never seen that
happen. But even it if did, having changes that pass CI merged while
half asleep are safer than pushing changes without testing while half
asleep.

> I want YOU as a committer to work a bit harder.  Putting the extra road block of take a diff etc and commit to your repo and push I feel will give you time to digest.

That translates to me as I don't trust committers or I don't value
their time; and both are terribly bad. I have finite time to work in
Postgis, so I'd rather be doing something useful than generating a
diff (sometimes 5 diffs) and committing to a repo.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com