[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Oct 23 23:44:01 PDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 11:45:51AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> I'm sure we can work something out so we can have some sort of federated pull system.

It exists, it's called send a patch by email, starting a revision
thread. Isn't that what PostgreSQL team does ?

But really, isn't this thread about source code versioning
technology ?  from SVN to GIT, is it a yes or no ?

Votes so far:

   Regina: +1
   Sandro: +1
   Bborie: +1
   Paul:    ?

Paul, is yours a veto or can we move on ?

Mind you: my git-svn setup is pretty robust, so I don't even feel
any pressure to switch, as long as I don't do releases (I didn't
learn to create SVN branches via git-svn plugin).