[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Oct 24 10:25:17 PDT 2019

Bborie,

Thanks for your thoughtful and calm comments.  After reading it I feel like a bit of a jerk.

I do especially like your note about

*	Given that we have an existing contribution guidelines doc, let's do a review transparently in postgis-devel so that everyone has visibility and all interested parties may express their opinions. We need to ensure "fair play" to give the community a chance to grow. Otherwise, we stay insular.
*	We need to firm up our checks and balances:

*	What are the minimum requirements of a PR? Unit tests? Integration tests (something that requires the database to be up)? Valgrind for memory leaks?
*	How many reviewers required for a PR?
*	What automated testing is required for each PR before it can be merged?  I'm talking about which test suites and on which platforms

I hadn’t given much thought to that but agree we should.

Thanks,

Regina