[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 13:28:50 PDT 2019

Hi All,

My take on the matter is a definite +1 for move from SVN to Git, but I
don't really mind which Git hosting service is to be used. Whatever is
easiest for the maintainers to use is fine with me.

Personally, my code development efforts are most active on GitHub, and
I have submitted 6 pull requests to this project on GitHub over the
past few years. I've only used Trac to link to pull requests, but the
majority of the discussions and code review are on GitHub.

With any of the Git service options discussed, I'd expect pull
requests on GitHub to still be accepted, so it shouldn't matter if
GitHub is a mirror or not. Just slightly awkward, with issues and
discussions still happening on different platforms.

However, I also don't mind using other Git services based on MIT
Licences (which include GitLab community edition and Gitea). Anything
but Trac and SVN, really.

Cheers,
Mike