[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 25 01:01:18 PDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:51:09AM -0700, Bborie Park wrote:

> Sandro and you will
> run out of bandwidth due to the demands of said growth and burn out (been
> there, done that, lesson learned).

And the lesson was "let the grown up deal with infrastructure" ?

Do you see this could in a way apply to exactly what we're building ?

Why do we even develop PostGIS instead of just letting ESRI provide
us those tools ? Is it because of the price we can't afford to pay ?

What I'm more concerned about is why it's just me and Regina you are
addressing. Note that this mailing list is not maintained by either
me or Regina.

Will we ever need private repositories ? Are we going to pay GitHub
to have them ? Are we going to have to maintain something else to
get them ? Are we going to do w/out them ?