[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 25 05:03:34 PDT 2019

Strk,

Let it go.  Bborie was addressing us because

1) We are on the other side of the fence of other people.
2) We are the most ideological.  My idealogy comes from bad memories of people using  ArcGIS just because everyone else is or it was mandated not because it worked better for them, Salesforce because  look at all those "Time saving features Salesforce provides" and how they were all willing to ignore what it doesn't. Even those who thought it was a bad idea all went along because why bother finding a mob.   I was on the other side and thought?  "I just don't get it"  I admit I still don't get it, but I'd rather be on the losing side of the battle than be a complacent follower of the winning team.
3) We've been around longer (except for Paul he is more pragmatic than ideological) , he wants see more people contributing and hates these roadblocks we put in front.
4) We do a lot of work on things like infrastructure which we see as valuable and many others do not.  Many see as being redundant with what free and paid services provide.
I admit part of my need of caring about silly things like how the manual is made, that we have our own server, that we have our own git we can count is
Is I just get bothered when there is something there I don't want and I can't change.  And even the thought of not being able to change something even if I never care to change it.  If I can't see it and am not allowed to see it, it bothers me immensely.

I don't want to have to build my car, but the idea that I can look under the hood if I wish to see if there is a rat crawling around is very comforting.
The idea that my choice in the world will be only one car I can't look under the hood of is one of my worst nightmares.