[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Oct 25 06:31:53 PDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 08:03:34AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> My idealogy comes from bad memories of people using  ArcGIS just because
> everyone else is or it was mandated not because it worked better for them,

Same here. Memories of people asking me to send them documents
in .doc format, or expecting me to be able to read .doc files,
or expecting me to be able to use their web services which only
worked with Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately that's becoming a reality once again now, due
to burst in proprietary solutions spread by mobile phones
and "cloud" solutions.

I wonder when this mailing list will become obsoleted as well
and we'll start having to install some binary blob on phones
to discuss roadmaps or policies. IRC was already almost killed
(thanks matrix.org for keeping it alive!).

What I'm trying to avoid is being _forced_ to use proprietary
software in order to contribute to development of a free software.