[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Move from svn to Git (and by git I mean Gitea)

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Oct 25 07:10:55 PDT 2019

IRC is my most favorite form of communication so glad it's still alive.
I do still dream of a day of services not in the hands of commercial interest but more in the hands of public interest kind of like the usenet I remember so fondly and IRC which is old but still here.

I think services/cloud is something that is just a reality. I want to do as much as I can to at least its not in the hands of just a few big companies.
That to me means support the interoperability of it so like you said people with stronger opinions aren't forced to use something that violates their moral makeup, way in working or they simply don't have the tooling for.

Like if you don't know git and don't want to be bothered with github, why can't you just submit a patch like you used to -- there should be an avenue for that.
How can we make more avenues less burden for us to check?

That means focusing more on how can tools share data interoperate with each other -- than how can we use Github to improve our workflow.
Many find that pointless and redundant, I get that and so I know that yes I will need to spend more work on that than most because it's more important to me even at the expense of giving up things I'd rather be doing.

Thanks,
Regina