[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Darafei and Raul to PSC

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Oct 29 01:33:41 PDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:46:01AM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:

> I'd like to nominate Darafei Praliaskouski and Raúl Marín Rodríguez to the
> PostGIS PSC.

-0 from me

Core repo commits count:

  postgis(master)$ git shortlog -sn | head -10
    4447  Sandro Santilli
    3380  Regina Obe
    2384  Paul Ramsey
     831  Bborie Park
     349  Mark Cave-Ayland
     198  Darafei Praliaskouski
     198  Raúl Marín Rodríguez
     189  Olivier Courtin
     150  Kevin Neufeld
     150  Markus Schaber

PSC members are currently the first 4 committers in
core repository. Bborie recently took the place left
vacant by Mark.

Website repo commits count:

  postgis.net(master)$ git shortlog -sn | head -10
     649  Regina Obe
     128  Paul Ramsey
      20  Sandro Santilli
       4  Nicklas Avén
       3  robe2
       2  leoregina
       1  Leo Hsu and Regina Obe

I'm not a big fan of growing PSC at this very moment,
and if we have to do it I'd prefer being an odd number
of members, to avoid stalling decisions.

Also I noticed only 3/4 of current PSC are OSGeo
charter members, and neither Darafei nor Raul are
on that list either (outdated?):

  http://old.www.osgeo.org/charter_members