[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: Darafei and Raul to PSC

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Oct 29 08:09:58 PDT 2019

Sandro you made some very good points here.  Makes me feel perhaps it’s a little too early and we should revote in another month.
I'm willing to put this vote on Pause mode if it's okay with everyone.

Some other comments.

1) You know your stats don't agree with Github stats.  Not saying yours are wrong. I suspect they are more right though I'm surprised to see missing in your top 10 people like Dan and Nicklas.
You know what they say when stats don't agree you can't trust any of them.

https://github.com/postgis/postgis/graphs/contributors

But I guess they agree for Raul and Darafei because they haven't changed their emails since we brought them on.

2) As I recall I thought I was on PSC before I was a charter member, but maybe being a Charter Member should be a requirement.

Would you prefer if we get Raul and Darafei on next charter election round and in? That would be a whole year though since round of charter elections just ended.
Sounds too long to wait.  So I'd rather go with current rules and vote later after everyone in PSC voted as charter member before changing the rules.

3)
> Also I noticed only 3/4 of current PSC are OSGeo charter members, and neither Darafei nor Raul are on that list either (outdated?):

  http://old.www.osgeo.org/charter_members - yes that list is old

This is the new list

https://www.osgeo.org/about/charter-members/

But it doesn't change your observation.  Never realized we never nominated Bborie for Charter.  Shame on us if we didn't.

I thought we had nominated Dan though and I don't see him on either list.  - Dan Baston - you know if you are a charter member or not?

Thanks,
Regina