[postgis-devel] Inconsistencies in text output

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:57:13 PDT 2020

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:33 AM <rmrodriguez at carto.com> wrote:

> The first one does exactly what's documented in the functions
> themselves, that is if you request precision you get
> 1.111111100000000018 (before you got 1.1111111),

I don't understand this observation.  What number of decimal digits did you
request?  There are 18 decimals in the first number, which seems like a
lot, unless you explicitly requested that?

If you are using the default output precision, then the second number makes
it look like the code is outputting "full FP precision", as opposed to the
stated 15 as per the manual.  This is reasonable and desirable IMO.